Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tasting - Trattoria Busa Alla Torre Da Lele


Name: Trattoria Busa Alla Torre Da Lele
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Veneto
Country: Italy
Year: NV
Price: $7.95

Vintage Cellar Review: Named after the famous restaurant in Italy! This is their house
white wine! Coppery color from extended skin contact, round and rich texture with juicy melon aromas and flavors with a sweet fennel note on the ultra smooth finish. Great value Grigio! Drink
now.

My Review: I definitely smelled and tasted the melon and fruity notes to this wine! I really liked that although it had the fruity sweet aspect, the nose and flavor both focused more on the flavor and were not overwhelmingly sweet. The finish is indeed smooth and it did not have a strong aftertaste as some pinot grigios do. I did not try this wine with food, but I think it would go great with a shrimp risotto or a Greek salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment