Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tasting - Knez Cerise Vineyard Anderson Valley Pinot Noir Rose

 




Since there were only four wines at the Vintage Cellar Tasting on Thursday, and I was out of wine at my house, I decided to search online for some of the best (but still inexpensive) wines that I could buy to taste at home. The San Francisco Chronicle provides an annual list of the top 100 wines, and this wine (Knez Cerise Vineyard Anderson Valley Pinot Noir Rose) was one of the top Rose wines on their list.


 Name: Knez Cerise Vineyard Anderson Valley Pinot Noir Rose
Variety: Pinot Noir Rose
Region:
Country: Italy
Year: 2009
Price: $15
 

San Francisco Chronicle Review: It's impressive for Cerise owner Peter Knez and winemaker Anthony Filiberti to put so much wine, from a key vineyard, into the bottle for this price. Mandarin orange and tart cherry, with a perfect coral hue and firm mineral, and yet its richness makes it perfect for even substantial fare.

My Review:
Because it was recommended so highly, I was very interested to taste this wine and see if it lived up to it's qualifications on the top 100 list. It has a pale pink, almost coral color and the aroma was a mixture of strawberry, cream and a hint of earthy spice. The flavor is slightly zesty right off the bat, but it becomes smooth and has a great citrusy freshness. I think this would be a great summer wine to enjoy outside and I would love to try it paired with a spicy Thai dish or grilled chicken with a fresh salad. During this tasting, however, I did not try it with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment