Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tasting - Lobetia Tempranillo

Name: Lobetia Tempranillo
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $9.95

Vintage Cellar Review:
Organically and naturally grown and made, this wine allows the varietal and the terroir to stand out cleanly. It shows a nice cherry color with a violet shade because of its youth. Red berries and cherries on the nose. On the palate it is fresh, slightly astringent, and harmonious with a long finish.

My Review: This wine was very interesting to me. I do not think it is one that I would particularly buy or choose, but I would not absolutely refuse to drink it. This Tempranillo definitely has the berry aroma and slight cherry flavor as well, but had a strange aftertaste. I think that I may like this better if paired with food that enhanced the flavors, or covered them up...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment