Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tasting - Lobetia Chardonnay


Name: Lobetia Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: La Mancha
Country:Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $9.95

Vintage Cellar Review: Organically and naturally grown and made, this wine allows the varietal and the terroir to stand out cleanly. Clean, bright color with a greenish-yellow tone. On the nose, exotic fruits like pineapple. Full flavored, fresh, with good acidity in the mouth, it finishes with tropical fruits.

My Review: I love that this wine is organic and naturally grown and made. The aromas were definitely fruity and I detected traces of melon, citrus and apple. I loved that it has an acidity when you first taste it but it finishes off with a refreshing fruity flavor. This wine reminds me of sitting on the porch during warm nights in the spring and summer and just relaxing. I did not taste this wine with food, but I think it would be great to sip on while picking soft shell crabs or with some kind of creamy pasta dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment