Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tasting - Rosemont Traminette

Name: Rosemont Winery Traminette (Tasted at Old Virginia Gourmet Wine Shop) 
Variety: Traminette
Region: Virginia
Country: United States
Year: 2008
Price: $16.50


Shop Review (Olde Virginia Gourmet - Stafford, Virginia): A crisp, dry white wine with linalool (Gewurztraminer floral notes) and a touch of spiciness, citrus and honey undertones. Great with spicy foods, sushi or a salad. Won the Bronze medal for the Virginia Governor's Cup.

My Review: Personally, I did not like this wine at all. It smelled like something foul and even once getting past the odor, it was way too dry for my taste. I detected a little bit of the spice flavor, but none of the fruitiness because it was so dry. This wine may change slightly when paired with food, but regardless I would not buy it or drink it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment