Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tasting - Quinta de Gomariz Espadeiro

Name: Quinta de Gomariz Espadeiro
Variety: Espadeiro
Region: Vinho Verde
Country: Portugal
Year: 2008 (vintage)
Price: $10 - $12

Online Review(via wine-tastings-reviews.com): The flavors of the 2008 Quinta de Gomariz Espadeiro Rose are fairly mild, primarily wild strawberries. The aromas of this rosé are also mild - rather than anything specific, it simply seems to smell clean, almost like rain.

My Review: This wine has a pretty pale peachy color, and the aroma is refreshing with a low intensity. The flavor is relatively mild as well, with a balanced crisp acidity and a hint of strawberries. I tasted this wine with small appetizers to see how the food would effect the flavor of the wine. With goat cheese, the Quinta de Gomariz Espadeiro becomes slightly more tart, and I enjoyed this pairing. I also tried this with several bites of caesar salad, but the wine really did change for me. With a shrimp scampi bite, the flavor and aroma were definitely enhanced and I think that it would be great with a dinner of any fish, pasta or buttery dishes similar to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment