Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tasting - Reserve Grand Veneur Côtes du Rhône

Name: Reserve Gran Veneur Côtes du Rhône
Variety: 70% Grenache, 20% Syrah and 10% Cinsault  
Region: Rhone Valley
Country: France
Year: 2010
Price: $14.95 for 750 mL

Vintage Cellar Review:
As for their other values, the 2010 Grand Veneur Cotes du Rhone Reserve displays loads of ripe flavors. It is very concentrated for a Cotes du Rhone,and is actually an amazing wine. Classic garrigue, black cherry liqueur, lavender, licorice and spice box are all present in this full-bodied, intense, and rich Cotes du Rhone. This is a sensational effort to drink over the next 4-5 years, although it might last even longer.

My Review:
Very strange! This wine threw me off by it's strong spicy and fruity combination of flavors. It is full-bodied and intense, and at first I wasn't sure how I felt about it, but ended up liking it. I got some raspberry on the palate, and I think that it would pair very well with food, although I did not eat with the tasting. I think it could go well with an ahi tuni dish or some kind of past with a tomato sauce and parmesean cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment