Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting - Franzia Merlot

Name: Franzia Merlot
Variety: Merlot
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2012
Price:$21/5L box

Online Review (via wineaccess.com): I am simply amazed, someone told me to try this, so, I did it as a joke. It is great, has wonderfully intense fruit flavors, with some crazy roasted smokey chocolate cocoa flavor. It has a wonderful finish. I could put this in a bottle, and people would go crazy. What a find.. Put it in a bottle, and they will rave!

(via franzia.com): A pleasing dry red wine with blackberry and raspberry aromas. Serve at room temperature. Complements pork, grilled meats and sauced pastas.

My Review: Box wine, classy I know. I hadn't ever tried this wine, and some friends bought it to share, so I figured what the heck, it's worth a try. I am picky (or inexperienced) when it comes to red wines, so I was definitely not expecting much from this wine. However, it really wasn't too bad. I drank a glass without much trouble, and it did not have a super bitter taste that definitely would have turned me off. Although I wouldn't choose it for a dinner party or when in the mood for a good bottle of wine, but for a group (or people trying to get drunk...) it would really be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment