Friday, March 22, 2013

Tasting - Potomac Point Petit Verdot

Name: Potomac Point Petit Verdot
Variety: Petit Verdot, Red
Region: Potomac Point Vineyards, Virginia
Country: United States
Year: 2008
Price: $24.99



Online Review (via tastings.com): Aromas of wild mushrooms, chalk dust, and clay follow through on a round supple entry to dry medium-to-full body with raw meat and green tomato notes. Finishes with a dry, powdery tannin fade. An earthy food wine, try with boar.

My Review: Personally, I did not like this wine at all. This may be because I prefer sweeter wines, but this was bitter and tasted more like chalk and clay (as in the description). May be a well-made or prestigious wine, but it's definitely not one that I would pay $25 dollars per bottle for. The entire tasting at Potomac Point was successful and we really enjoyed it, but I would not want to drink this specific wine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment