Friday, March 22, 2013

Tasting - Potomac Point Cabernet Franc


Name: Potomac Point Cabernet Franc
Variety: Cabernet
Region: Potomac Point Vineyards, Virginia
Country: United States
Year: 2008
Price: $22.99

Online Review (via cellartracker.com)Strawberry and heat on the nose, good dark fruit forward, vegetal midpalate with lots of acidity behind it, and tons of black, black pepper on the finish. There's pretty good tannin structure here, and I bet it will be more interesting in a year or two.

My Review: This wine definitely has an aroma of darker fruits with some leathery/herd nose. The flavor was creamy and rich and I enjoyed it more than most red wines I have had. The woman helping us mentioned that it pairs well with dark chocolate, and my mom happened to have a few Dove chocolate squares in her purse, so we tried them with the rest of our taste, and it was wonderful! Something about the slight sweetness of the chocolate and the dark fruit flavors was a great combination, and we bought a bottle to take back to my dad, who is a big fan of many different red wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment