Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting - Castle Hill Celestial Cider

Name: Castle Hill Celestial Cider
Variety: Blend of Ellis Bitter and Albemarle Pippin apples
Region: Keswick, Virginia
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: $17

Online Review (via tastings.com): Pale golden silver color. Faint aromas of dried apple, brown spices and glued balsa with a bracing bone-dry, fizzy light body and a dilute, very tart lemon pith and apple bobbing water finish.

My Review: This was a very unique cider, and although I did like it, I think it is a taste that would probably grow on me if I drank it more. We had it with bread and an olive oil/spices dip, which definitely paired well with the spice flavors in the wine. The girl helping with our tasting also suggested pairing it with dishes that incorporate rosemary. We bought a bottle of this wine and I think it would be great for a dinner party with appetizers using rosemary/basil flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment