Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tasting - Sutter Home Sweet Red

Name: Sutter Home Sweet Red
Variety: Blend of California red varietals with a touch of sweet white wine
Region: Napa California
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: $7

Online Review (via sutterhome.com): This carefree, uncomplicated red wine brings together all the refinement of Merlot, the sensual spirit of Zinfandel and the lovely floral notes of Moscato in a most delightful and unexpected way. Our rich blend of premium California wine is crafted in an easy-drinking style with a luscious mouth feel and natural residual grape sweetness that delivers a velvety smooth finish. Voluptuous and smooth, this is the kind of everyday wine that goes well with just about everything. Try our softer-styled red served chilled as an apĂ©ritif or with grilled meats, delicately–spiced Asian cuisine, and light cheeses.

My Review: Personally, I really enjoyed this wine. I am sometimes hesitant about red wines because I am not used to the bitter aspect, so this wine allowed me to get a sense of red wine flavor with an added sweetness that I prefer. It definitely does have a fruity, fresh berry flavor to it and a heady peach aroma. I think that by drinking wines similar to this one, I may be able to more easily convert over to red wines. I would absolutely love to try this wine again with the foods recommended online.

No comments:

Post a Comment