Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting - Castle Hill Levity Cider

Name: Castle Hill Levity Cider
Variety: 100% Albemarle Pippin
Region: Keswick, Virginia
Country: United States
Year: 2012
Price: $25

Online Review (via tastings.com): Pale straw color. Dusty apple, sesame, leather, and salt water taffy aromas with a very bracing, fizzy, bone-dry medium body and a very tart lime skin, apple core, baking soda, and cracked pepper finish. A very dry, rustic Chablis like cider. Drink now.

My Review: I also loved the Levity cider. It was different from any wine or beer I have ever tasted, and I was interested to learn that it is the only cider produced there during the summer season. It was very complex but the variety of flavors worked wonders together. I really enjoyed it and would love to pair it with different foods to see how that further enhances these flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment