Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tasting - Sutter Home Chardonnay

Name: Sutter Home Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: California - including Sutter Home ranches in Santa Barbara County, Lake County, and the Sacramento Delta region
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $6.00

Online Review(via Sutterhome.com): Sutter Home California Chardonnay offers aromas of fresh pear, peach, apple, and lemon. The smooth, round texture, and rich, creamy, fruit flavors persist into a long, flavorful aftertaste. It makes an ideal match for seafood or poultry, veal or pork chops, cream sauce pastas, and both mild and flavorful cheeses.

My Review: This Chardonnay has a rich, fruity smell and I could definitely taste the peach and pear flavors. It has a long flavorful aftertaste, and although I am not always a big fan of Chardonnay, this was very enjoyable. My mom used to drink this kind of wine, so I thought that I would try it. It is still somewhat cheap, and although it would not be my first choice, I would not mind drinking it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment