Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tasting - Barefoot Sweet Red

Name: Barefoot Sweet Red
Variety: Sweet Red
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $6.99

Online Review(via Barefootwine.com): Chill out (no seriously, try this chilled) with the ripe, juicy flavors of raspberry, pomegranate and cherry. Pair with grilled veggies or marinated steaks. Gather up the family and friends for a BBQ.

My Review: I chose this wine because I am partial to sweet light wines, and have not yet gotten into many red wines. I thought that a sweeter red may be a good place to start. The wine smelled a somewhat fruity, but maintained the deeper slightly bitter taste of most reds. It was slightly sweet with a hint of raspberries, but definitely not to the extent of my usual wine choice. I would definitely like to try this wine again but paired with a meal to see how that may enhance the flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment